If your smile is missing one tooth or several teeth in a row, you are likely becoming tired of dealing with this “gap.” Fortunately, among a variety of dental prosthetics, we offer beautiful dental bridges to complete your smile. We find that when we suggest bridges to our patients, they are often unsure about the details regarding how this treatment can restore their smiles after tooth loss. We encourage you to take the following quiz to improve your knowledge of bridges, while helping you determine whether this restorative solution may work for you:
Dental Bridges Quiz
- True or False: A bridge replaces one tooth or many teeth in any configuration in your smile.
- True or False: Like partial dentures, a bridge is removable.
- True or False: A dental bridge is made up of end crowns that we will place over your natural teeth for support – the remaining space within the crowns is made up of a series of artificial teeth called pontics.
- True or False: We will color-match the artificial teeth in your bridge to match your surrounding smile for a natural finish.
- True or False: A bridge will improve your ability to eat, your ability to speak articulately, and will even prevent your teeth from shifting.
- False. A bridge replaces one tooth or up to three teeth side-by-side. However, a bridge cannot replace teeth that do not occur next to one another.
- False. We will cement the bridge in place within your mouth, making it a “fixed prosthetic” rather than removable.
- True. This series of crowns and artificial teeth will replace the teeth that you are missing, essentially bridging the gap within your mouth, so your smile is complete.
- True. By ensuring the crowns and pontics in your bridge match the rest of your smile, you can feel confident that your smile will look like your own.
- True. This prosthetic provides excellent stability, so you can eat and speak comfortably. In addition, it acts as a placeholder, preventing your remaining smile from becoming misaligned.
ABOUT YOUR FT. WORTH DENTIST:
Dr. Bob Jing has served patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth for many years. Together with his caring, compassionate, and highly-skilled team at 7 Day Dental, Dr. Jing is dedicated to making good dental health available to as many people as possible. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation or appointment, contact our office closest to you at 817-405-2001 on Jacksboro Highway, or at 817-405-0195 on Seminary Drive.