Have you noticed that some of your teeth appear a bit worn around the edges? Perhaps you suffer from a chip or another esthetic issue that you cannot address through your own means at home. Rather than feeling overwhelmed, we encourage you to speak with us about dental bonding. Small areas of damage or teeth that you wish were longer or wider may seem highly problematic until you become familiar with the benefits of this simple cosmetic treatment. Are you feeling interested? Learn more:
Why Dental Bonding?
Bonding allows you to add what looks like more tissue onto your tooth to address a variety of cosmetic problems. First, you may suffer from minor damage that does not affect the health of your tooth but that does harm its appearance. These concerns may include minor chips, small cracks, or staining. You may also suffer from a tooth that does not achieve the shape or length you desire – a tooth shorter than the rest, for instance, will cause your smile to appear uneven. Or, you may have spaces between your teeth that keep your smile from looking its best – we can even address this problem with bonding rather than resorting to orthodontics in many cases.
What You Can Expect
If this all sounds wonderful, you are probably wondering what to expect from bonding. This process is simple, comfortable, and typically requires only one visit to achieve your smile goals. You can expect the following steps:
- We will speak with you about what you do not like about your smile and create a personalized strategy to improve problem areas
- To improve your concern, we will color-match a synthetic acrylic-resin material called composite to the target tooth
- We will then apply the composite in layers, sculpting it according to your needs – we may create a particular shape, fill in open spaces, or place a flat layer over an area that requires camouflaging
- We will set the material with a curing light so it dries and hardens
- To complete the process, we will polish the tooth and bonded area so it shines and looks natural
ABOUT YOUR FT. WORTH, TX, DENTIST:
Dr. Bob Jing has served patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth for many years. Together with his caring, compassionate, and highly skilled team at 7 Day Dental, Dr. Jing is dedicated to making good dental health available to as many people as possible. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation or appointment, contact our office closest to you at 817-405-2001 on Jacksboro Highway, or at 817-405-0195 on Seminary Drive.