The not-so-great news is that you may feel a little nervous about your child’s smile. It’s perfect and adorable and finding a way to make sure it stays safe and healthy can cause you a bit of stress. The great news is that we offer preventive children’s dentistry for both your young children and teens, so you don’t need to worry about how to approach dental care. We will offer both in-office care and tips for excellent home hygiene. To learn more about what you can expect for your little (or not-so-little-anymore) one, test your knowledge with the following quiz:
Children’s Dentistry Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We offer preventive dental visits for teens because your younger children do not need care until their permanent teeth come in.
- True or False: We offer dental sealants, which can offer additional protection against tooth decay for back teeth.
- True or False: We only offer fluoride treatments for very young children.
- False. We suggest you begin scheduling preventive children’s dentistry visits as soon as your child’s first tooth makes an appearance but no later than your son or daughter’s second birthday. By seeing your child early in life for checkups and cleanings, we can set the foundation for a healthy smile that lasts.
- True. Sealants are a wonderful children’s dentistry solution in the fight against cavity formation. We typically place these over permanent back molars which are both difficult to clean and that are full of small grooves in which bacteria can easily hide. This simple coating offers exceptional protection against tooth decay.
- False. This naturally occurring mineral strengthens bone tissue no matter how old the patient is. In most cases, we suggest fluoride as a part of children’s dentistry – but we may provide it for any individual whose teeth require extra protection against decay.
ABOUT YOUR FT. WORTH, TX DENTIST:
Dr. Bob Jing has served patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth for many years. Together with his caring, compassionate, and highly skilled team at 7 Day Dental, Dr. Jing is dedicated to making good dental health available to as many people as possible. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation or appointment, contact our office closest to you at 817-405-2001 on Jacksboro Highway, or at 817-405-0195 on Seminary Drive.