You are probably well aware that we would like to see you consistently, so we can help you maintain your beautiful smile. However, that does not mean our passion for regular care translates into a feeling of enthusiasm on your side. Because we feel strongly that our patients should understand the significance of preventive dentistry, we have created the following quiz to find out how much you know – and to potentially teach you and thing or two. Hopefully, it will give you the motivation and education you need to protect your smile, so it remains healthy and lovely for many years to come.
Preventive Dentistry Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Every patient qualifies for and needs preventive dentistry – even those who are currently in need of restorative care.
- True or False: Our main goals with preventive dentistry include keeping your teeth free of plaque and either inhibiting problems or detecting them immediately.
- True or False: You should visit us every six months for a dental checkup and cleaning.
Prevention Quiz Answer Key
- True. No matter how well you take care of your teeth – or how poor your oral health is at the moment – we urge every patient to schedule preventive visits with us. This provides us with the ability to assist you in keeping your teeth free of plaque, while monitoring your oral health over time. The more consistently you schedule your visits, the better our ability to steer you toward oral health that remains excellent.
- True. We would prefer to help you avoid problems from developing all the time. By removing the plaque from your teeth that you cannot remove on your own (even with effective daily hygiene) we protect you from tooth decay and gum disease. However, other concerns like TMJ disorder may show up – the sooner we detect them with checkups, the sooner we can offer treatment with a high success rate.
- True. No matter how well you care for your smile, you should see us once every six months, so we can effectively protect your teeth with preventive dentistry. However, patients with serious restorative needs – such as those struggling with gum disease – may benefit from more frequent visits.
ABOUT YOUR FT. WORTH, TX DENTIST:
Dr. Bob Jing has served patients and their families across Dallas/Ft. Worth for many years. Together with his caring, compassionate, and highly skilled team at 7 Day Dental, Dr. Jing is dedicated to making good dental health available to as many people as possible. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation or appointment, contact our office closest to you at 817-405-2001 on Jacksboro Highway, or at 817-405-0195 on Seminary Drive.