Transform Your Smile in Two Office Visits
If you are looking to enhance your smile with dramatic results, you may want to consider porcelain veneers. These thin shells attach to the front of your teeth, forming a new façade and completely concealing a wide variety of cosmetic flaws. In some cases, they can even alter the very shape of your teeth. Veneers placement is virtually discomfort-free, and we can typically complete the procedure in just two easy appointments.
After determining your candidacy for veneers, Dr. Jing or one of our other dentists will remove a very thin layer of enamel from the front of your teeth. This creates room for the porcelain and prevents the veneers from looking bulky and unnatural. Then the dentist will take impressions of your teeth, sending this information to an offsite dental lab. Skilled technicians will then use these impressions to create your veneers, carefully choosing the shade of porcelain that most closely matches your smile.
When the veneers are finished, you will come in for your second appointment. The dentist will first use a mild acid solution to etch the surface of your teeth. By creating microscopic grooves in your teeth, he or she also produces more surface area for the bonding agent. Then the dentist will apply this agent and attach the veneers with dental resin, hardening the material with a curing light. Following this second appointment, you should enjoy full dental functionality and a beautiful, natural smile.
Candidates for Veneers
If you are embarrassed by any of the following cosmetic blemishes, you may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers:
- Severe stains that are unresponsive to teeth whitening treatment
- Worn, eroded teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Proportionately small teeth
Benefits of Dental Veneers
There are several reasons to consider dental veneers. Their advantages include:
- Appearance: Porcelain veneers are virtually indistinguishable from natural dental enamel, thanks to their customized fabrication process and lifelike sheen.
- Convenience: Veneers are easy to care for, typically requiring nothing more than routine dental hygiene. In addition, they can address a number of aesthetic concerns with a single treatment.
- Longevity: With proper dental hygiene, veneers can last a decade or more.
- Self-Confidence: Following the placement of your veneers, you could enjoy a stunning smile and a huge boost of self-esteem.
Porcelain Veneers Can Help You Create a Brand New Smile
if you want a brand new smile, then porcelain veneers may be the optimal solution, especially if you have several different cosmetic concerns. To find out if veneers are right for your smile, schedule a visit by calling the 7Day Dental office closest to you! Our offices are located in Ft. Worth and Lake Worth, TX, and we welcome patients and their families who live in all of the surrounding DFW communities.